Want to be in Rotary but finding it difficult to meet regular club requirements for dues and time commitment?
Join the Gateway Rotary Club of District 5160!
The Gateway Rotary Club of District 5160 is an organization of community-minded people who seek to make a difference in their community by providing “the three T’s” – volunteer TIME, TALENT, and TREASURE (financial resources) to the Rotary clubs of Rotary District 5160. Unlike traditional Rotary Clubs that meet weekly, the Rotary Gateway Club meets as a whole just four times a year, sponsors no service projects* and performs no fundraising activities*. Instead, members are encouraged to attend the meetings of any other Rotary club on days and at times that are convenient for them. Members are also encouraged to support the service projects and fundraising activities of any Club in the District that they find appealing and as their schedule permits. The primary objective of membership to “make a difference” in ways that work for YOU.
*While the club as a whole does not sponsor projects or perform fundraising activities, members are encouraged to work together in smaller teams when and where there is mutual interest.
Gateway Rotary’s unique organization is created for –
- Recent graduates (21 or older)
- Former Rotaract and Interact members choosing to continue their Rotary journey
- Former Rotarians who left for financial reasons, job relocation, or other life events, but want to come back to Rotary
- Current Rotarians who are considering terminating their membership due to life events
- Current Rotarians looking for a new Rotary club within the District
- Those who are new to Rotary and want to get to know the clubs in the District before choosing one to transfer to. Gateway Rotary’s affordable dues structure and flexible nature could be the right fit for anyone looking to make a difference.
Membership in Gateway Rotary a privilege and an honor. Gateway Rotary holds its members to the highest of ethical standards. To become a member, the candidate must be sponsored by a current member of Gateway Rotary, or by a current Rotarian in good standing in any other District 5160 club, and submit a membership application. Once the board of the Gateway Rotary has reviewed and approved the prospective member’s application, the prospective member is presented to the current club membership for acceptance. Upon acceptance, completion of a dues payment agreement and payment of a new member fee, the prospective member will officially become a member of Gateway Rotary. An induction ceremony of new members will be held at Gateway Rotary’s quarterly meetings of the whole.
Gateway Rotary Club Leaders have three goals –
- Communicate with the membership the opportunities for impactful volunteerism
- Educate the membership on all things Rotary, including its programs, global humanitarian efforts, and leadership opportunities
- Perform activities and fulfill reporting requirements of Rotary International to maintain the Club’s good standing,
Follow us on FACEBOOK at Gateway Rotary Club of District 5160